I know I said I would review and recommend individual beauty products, and I promise I will soon. In the meantime I wanted to touch on a great resource to tide you over until a specific product you might be looking for comes to light. I discovered Natural Joy Beauty when I received a ColourFusion Lip Glaze sample from the website in my Conscious Box. (I’ll go into Conscious Box at another time.)
So I pretty much never wear anything besides chapstick or occasionally lip stain or gloss, but when I tried the sample (it was textured like a lipstick) I really liked the way it looked, the texture, the color and the scent. I was intrigued. The sample came with a little card that listed the ingredients, the Natural Joy Beauty web address and a discount code. The ingredients were all recognizable and totally reasonable, so I decided that as long as the price was reasonable as well, I would probably buy it! I went to the website to take a look.
The main page has this note that immediately made me glad I had come:
“Don't be fooled by all of the products claiming to be "NATURAL" or "ORGANIC" these days. Many products labeled as Natural or Organic, even those sold in health food stores, still contain questionable ingredients.”I definitely agreed with that statement, and reading further, I got excited:
“The only way to really know is to READ the ingredient label. We read the labels and do the research for you! Discover "Freedom from Artificiality" Today! Here's a list of what you won't find in the products we carry...”
· NO Phenoxyethanol (a.k.a. Optiphen)
· NO Parabens, Germall or Germaben
· NO Japanese Honeysuckle (preservative form)
· NO FD&C Colorants or Synthetic Fragrance
· NO Toulene, Formaldehyde or Phthalates
· NO Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone or Diazolidinyl Urea
· NO Talc, Nano-Particles or Aluminum
· NO Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide (loose form)
· NO Petroleum, Mineral Oil or Paraffin
· NO Triclosan or Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates
· NO Animal Testing
Doesn’t that immediately sound like a good idea? Most websites that purport to do the work for you mention just two or three ingredients that their products do not contain and call it a day, all proud of themselves. Natural Joy Beauty definitely does their homework on a way more in-depth scale. It sounded excellent. Some of the list of things the products wouldn’t contain were things that I had never even been aware that I should be avoiding! Upon further exploration of the website, I was not disappointed. The selection was extensive and the prices reasonable. All ingredients are listed with every product, so you can be ultra-sure that what you’re getting is a healthy product.
My favorite part is that the site offers for purchase samples of almost any product! I LOVE samples, as I’m sure most beauty-junkies do. At first paying for samples might seem a bit out of the ordinary, since most of the time we don’t end up paying for them, but then again we rarely get to choose what samples we receive either. If you stop to think about the fact that you get to choose what you want to sample (from almost anything on the site!), the value of the amount of product you receive and the convenience of trying a product before committing to full-size (and full price!) the small fee for a sample is not a big deal. In fact, it’s a great deal! My first order included the full-sized ColourFusion Lip Glaze, a couple other full-sized items and probably like 20 samples. I quickly ended up purchasing several of the items that I had received as samples, or plan to do so in the future. You also always get free samples in addition to any purchased samples with any order, and samples are always exciting. Yay!
Since my initial purchase, I have made several more and always been happy with the results. Shipping costs are totally reasonable, and there is free shipping with orders over $100 (which is pretty easy to do with beauty products, let’s be realistic) and service was fast and efficient. There are also various other items on the site like jewelry, home cleaning products, supplements, candles and more which are just as rigorously screened for ingredients as well. I love it.
I actually ended up being contacted by to owner, Joy, about my first order (I had ordered something that came in different patterns figuring they’d just pick one and it’d probably be fine) and I mentioned my blog and she was very supportive of my idea. She added a vegan section to the site at my suggestion, and she even offered you - my readers- a special offer! How awesome is she?!
Now through Saturday, August 11, 2012 use promo code INCH to can Save 15% off storewide at www.naturaljoybeauty.com! Go have some fun without feeling guilty! Enjoy! J
1 comment:
Yay! Guess I will have to put in my first order to this place :)
Post a Comment